- Paper cup, any size
- Flashlight (you can use a phone flashlight)
- Use your pencil to draw out some constellations you know onto the bottom and outside of your paper cup. Don’t know any constellations? Look some up using the links provided below! Start by using simple designs, and connect your stars using lines.
- With an adult’s help and/or supervision, use the thumbtack to carefully punch out your constellation on the paper cup.
- Turn off your room light, and turn your flashlight on and place your paper cup on top of it. Look up at your ceiling to see your constellation come to light.
- Try out you constellation in other places, where will your constellations work?