- 6 Cups/Jars
- 6 Paper Towels
- Food Coloring
- Fill all 6 jars almost to the brim with water.
- Put a couple of drops of food coloring of each of the three primary colors (red, blue, and yellow) into 3 of the jars.
- Place all 6 of the jars in a circle, alternating jars with water and food coloring and the empty jars.
- Fold all 6 paper towels vertically in half. Cut about 2 inches off the bottom of each of the paper towels.
- Put one side of the paper towel to the bottom of your first first jar and the other end of your paper towel to your second jar. Put the paper towels as much as possible into the jars to minimize the amount of excess paper towel in between the jars.
- Repeat step 5 until all jars have two paper towels coming in/out of them.
- Watch as your colored water walks from jar to jar.