- A Cleaned Clear Bottle (Preferably One With Smooth Sides)
- Vegetable Oil/ Mineral Oil/ Baby Oil
- Fizzing Tablets (e.g. Alka Seltzer)
- Food Coloring
- Fill the bottle about 1/4th full with water.
- Pour your oil into the bottle until it is almost full. If needed, use a funnel or spout to pour the oil into the Bottle. Wait for the water and oil to separate.
- Using your favorite color of food coloring, add a few drops into the bottle. Watch the color sink through the oil.
- Break your fizzy tablets in half and drop them into the bottle. Watch as the bottle bubbles!
- If you want, try this with the lights turned off! Drop the tablet in, then use a flashlight to shine through the bottle.